Hippo Nursery School, formerly known as Vaughan Co-op Nursery School, was started in 1943 by Daisy Dotsch in her home. It was incorporated in 1951 as a non-profit, parent-teacher run nursery school. We now are located near St. Clair and Christie in Toronto.
Vaughan Co-op Nursery School was one of the early pioneers of the pre-school co-op movement in Toronto, and much of the philosophy that evolved here is now taught in early childhood education programs in colleges and universities.
Hippo School is a licensed nursery school with a capacity of 42 children. All the teachers on staff have diplomas in Early Childhood Education.